Visiting Raleigh in April … What are the BEST things about NC?
As the temperatures start to warm up and the trees start to bloom, it’s clear that spring has arrived in North Carolina. With so many things to do and see, it can be difficult to decide where to start. Here at Carolina Furnished Rentals, we’ve put together a guide to help you make the most of the season. Whether you’re staying in Raleigh or venturing out to the beach or mountains, there’s something for everyone in April.
Raleigh and Surrounding Areas
April is a great time to explore the outdoors in Raleigh and the surrounding areas. Here are a few of our top recommendations:
- Hike the Umstead State Park: This beautiful park offers miles of hiking trails, as well as fishing and boating opportunities. With over 5,000 acres of land, there’s plenty to explore.
- Visit the Raleigh Farmers Market: With over 30,000 square feet of fresh produce, meats, cheeses, and more, the Raleigh Farmers Market is a great place to stock up on seasonal goodies.
- Attend the North Carolina Science Festival: This month-long event is a celebration of science and technology, featuring hands-on exhibits, workshops, and lectures throughout the state.
- Go to the Artsplosure Festival: This arts festival takes over downtown Raleigh every April, featuring live music, street performers, and over 170 artists from around the country.
- Catch a Durham Bulls Game: Head over to Durham to see the famous minor league baseball team play at Durham Bulls Athletic Park.
If you’re in the mood for sun, sand, and surf, North Carolina’s beaches are a great option in April. Here are a few places to check out:
- Wrightsville Beach: Located just a short drive from Wilmington, Wrightsville Beach is a popular spot for swimming, sunbathing, and fishing.
- Topsail Beach: This quiet, family-friendly beach is located on a barrier island near Wilmington and offers plenty of opportunities for fishing, shelling, and relaxing.
- Carolina Beach: Just south of Wilmington, Carolina Beach is a great place to spend the day with its boardwalk, amusement park, and miles of sandy beaches.
If you prefer a cooler climate and stunning mountain views, head west to the North Carolina mountains. Here are a few ideas:
- Hike in the Great Smoky Mountains: Located on the border of North Carolina and Tennessee, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park offers miles of hiking trails, breathtaking views, and plenty of wildlife.
- Visit the Biltmore Estate: This historic estate in Asheville is a must-see attraction in the area, featuring a stunning mansion, gardens, and winery.
- Drive the Blue Ridge Parkway: This scenic drive winds through the mountains of North Carolina and Virginia, offering breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape.
No matter what your interests, there’s something to enjoy in North Carolina in April. At Carolina Furnished Rentals, we offer fully furnished properties in convenient locations throughout Raleigh and the surrounding areas, making it easy to experience all that the state has to offer. Contact us today to learn more about our properties and to start planning your April adventure.